General Background and Information
Usually alone and always poor, a FreeBorn is a Dragonborn that has either personally been freed by his master or was born into a family of FreeBorn. Being both feared and discriminated against, it is very difficult for a free Dragonborn to find paying work. Often they just end up going back to their former masters asking to be employed for meager pay. As finding legitimate work can be near impossible, many FreeBorn are forced into crime so that they can support themselves.
Bonus Feat: Durable (PH)
Note: If the Dragonborn is born free, it doesn’t have the “Master’s Brand,” otherwise, it does.Fighter: Having been raised around other enslaved Dragonborn, you didn’t realize how frightened of you humans were. Having nothing to lose, you travel the roads as a highwayman, using their fear to rob them.
- Equipment: Shoddy Longsword (-1 Proficiency Bonus), Shoddy Leather Armor (-1 Armor Bonus), Backpack, Clothing, Torch (2), 50 sp
- +2 Intimidate: Highwaymen have to be scary.
- Build Recommendation: Battlerager Fighter
- Equipment: Shoddy Longsword (-1 Proficiency Bonus), Clothing, Shoddy Leather Armor (-1 Armor Bonus), Wooden Holy Symbol, Torch (2), 10 sp
- +2 Perception: Having been in trouble your whole life, you’ve gotten better at finding it.
- Build Recommendation: Protecting Paladin
- Equipment: Club, Clothing, 40 sp
- +2 Streetwise: You have to know all the dark places that are good for leg-breaking.
- Build Recommendation: Cutthroat Rogue